Our wellness centers in New Jersey have professionally trained experts in the knowledge of anatomy, physiology and the biomechanics of the body. They know how to get you out of pain and back in action from their extensive knowledge and training in biomechanics, anatomy and physiology. A hands-on approach is used in conjunction with specific modalities.
Some common modalities include:
- Manual Therapy: This hands-on approach consists of myofascial release techniques, soft tissue and joint mobilization/manipulation stretching of restricted structures and specific strengthening of weak muscles, muscle energy as well as Mulligan and McKenzie techniques. These will help restore the back, neck or other painful areas and youthful pain-free resilience.
- Therapeutic Exercises: Customized exercises to improve movement and proper muscle balance. These may include strengthening, stretching and stabilizing restricted structures to restore normal pain free ROM.
- Pain Management: Use of cryotherapy, ultrasound, electric stimulation, moist heat, phonophoresis, iontophoresis and massage.
- Electrical Stimulation: Electric Muscle Stimulation can diminish pain by stimulating nerve fibers found deep in the skin, as well as, reducing muscle spasm and enhancing the healing process.
- Ultrasound: Use of sound waves to penetrate into the deep layers of the muscle to reduce inflammation, edema and pain and increase circulation to the area applied.
- Postural Corrections: This addresses postural exercise, behavior modification and self-awareness. Musculoskeletal derangements are corrected.
- Home Exercise Program: A short detailed exercise program that corresponds to the appropriate stage of condition may be present. This would include the do’s and don’ts of self-management.
At Maximum Health & Wellness Center, our NJ State Licensed Physical Therapy Team can diagnose and treat a number of common conditions ranging from sprains and strains to headaches, back disorders, sports injuries, tendonitis, tendinosis and spinal conditions such as scoliosis, spinal stenosis, postoperative surgery, sciatica, acute and chronic pain, as well as herniated disc of the neck (cervical spine) and lower back.
Our office is also capable to treat most orthopedic conditions including arthritis, tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, ACL and PCL knee reconstruction, chondromalacia patella, meniscus/ligament injuries, adhesive capsulitis, reflex dystrophy, rotator cuff tear, de Quervain’s syndrome, fractures, gait (walking), abnormalities, cervical and lumbar radiculopathy (pain that travels to either the arms or legs).
We have board-certified Doctors of Chiropractic at our offices in New Jersey. While receiving treatment from the expertly trained Physical Therapy Team at Maximum Health & Wellness Center, you will gain strength and mobility thus preventing recurring injuries by being properly instructed on how to use your body properly. Our physical therapists work closely with our physiatrist, chiropractic, your referring physician, as well as any other members of our health care team.
The physical therapists at Maximum Health & Wellness Center are extensively educated in subjects such as biomechanics, anatomy and physiology, but are also dedicated licensed professionals highly trained to deal with patients experiencing a variety of physical complaints.